WONDER WHAT PRODUCTS TO SELL ON AMAZON? HERE ARE SOME COOL INSIGHTS!
Amazon provides sellers with access to useful data and search tools which can be used to help provide guidance on potential product winners. This data is free and available to the public via https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers/zgbs
Via the "Best Sellers" page you can see:
- "New Releases" enables tracking of new bestselling items, updated hourly;
- "Movers & Shakers" highlights which products have moved significantly in their sales positions in the last 24 hours;
- "Most Wished For" is a daily updated dynamic list of top products that Amazon buyers have bookmarked reflecting items they would really like to own but perhaps, can not afford or deem as overpriced, or would like to receive as a gift from friends and family;
- "Gift Ideas" features the Top 100 most gifted products, updated daily;
Here are some of the key success criteria derived from the “Best-Sellers” statistics on Amazon:
- Unit sale prices of between USD10-USD50
- Unit cost should not be higher than 35% of the unit price
- Light & easy to ship, unit weight should not exceed 1.5kg
- Items which are unlikely to break during shipping or when used I.e. they should be durable
- Items which are not seasonal or holiday-oriented
- Items of better quality than those offered by the competition
- Ability to expand into complementary items
A private label product is one that can be sourced from a manufacturer then sold under a sellers’s own brand. These products are therefore manufactured for exclusive sale by a particular seller. Once the product is sourced from the supplier, sellers can modify the product however they want in order to create their own unique brand.
Competition from other products sold on Amazon
The more similar products to yours there are on Amazon, the harder it will be for you to increase your sales. A seller is advised to consider these quick tips:
- Avoid products that are sold by big brand names or top Amazon sellers
- Try and differentiate yourself; sell products that are not on the Amazon Best-Seller Rank (BSR) of 5000 or better
- List your product under numerous categories in order to increase your product’s search and keyword prominence
- Look for products with less than 50 reviews as it implies novel items
Currenxie is dedicated to offering the best and most cost-efficient digital payment and financing solutions to e-sellers from around the world and tips on how to perform better in your business.
If you are interested in learning more about how to sign up and start saving money with our eSeller solutions, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you!